Loftware Label Manager
Don't miss the opportunity to upgrade your Loftware Print Server (LPS) solution!
Loftware has announced its plan to retire the Loftware Print Server (LPS) family of solutions with a formal end of support occurring on December 31, 2024. Now is the perfect time to move from LPS to the Cloud!
Operating Systems Compatibility
|LLM Version||Windows 10||Windows 8.1||Windows 7 Pro||Windows Vista Business||Windows Server 2012 R2||Windows Server 2008 R2||Windows Server 2008||Windows Small Business Server 2011||Windows Server 2016||Windows
** 64-bit only.
+ Windows Server 2012 only.
† Windows Server 2012 R2 support for clustered environments
‡ Windows Server 2003 support by Microsoft ended July 14, 2015.
See Legacy OS Compatibility below for older versions.
Label Design Program Features
- Character Level Formatting (RTF)
- Label Versioning with Label Comments
- Embedded Images support
- Graphical user interface allows you to view labels as they are being designed.
- New Label Wizard helps you to create the exact label you need in seconds.
- Printer Configuration Wizard makes adding printers fast and easy.
- Supports all popular image formats including BMP, PCX, JPG, GIF, TIF, CAL, MAC, etc.
- "Thumbnail" preview for label format and image loading.
- MDI multi document interface for editing more than one label at a time.
- Powerful formula builder for parsing data on-the-fly at print time.
- Single and group field edit: select, copy, move, delete field alignment tools custom and default zoom levels.
- Wide selection of industry compliance label templates.
- Customize On-Demand operator input screens.
- Design labels to fit "multi-up" on a page using the layout feature.
- Security features to limit access to various modules by user.
- Multi-level undo.
- Design labels in inches or metric units using precise rulers.
- Floating/dockable toolbars.
- Sizable grid with "snap to" technology.
- Move fields a pixel at a time using keyboard arrow keys.
- Resize, rotate, and stretch graphics at design time.
- All fields sizable by mouse as well as "floating" properties box.
- All label formats are available for use in the Loftware Print Server.
- Accurate merging of label formats to different printer types.
Templates and Symbologies
- Bar code wizard for generating complex automotive, healthcare, logistics, and telecommunications label formats.
- Extensive options for customized behavior.
- Language Properties Wizard for printing International characters, including double-byte fonts such as Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- Different language can be freely mixed on the label.
- Support for all major linear barcode symbologies, including Code 39, Code 128, Interleaved Code 2/5, UPC, EAN, TLC39, PostNet, GS1, USPS Intelligent Mail and others.
- Supports MOD 10, 43, 7, UCC MOD 10 check digits.
- Support for 2D symbologies including GS1, Aztec, Databar, QR Code, PDF-417, MicroPDF, UPS Maxicode, and Data Matrix.
- Create RFID 'Smart Labels' to meet EPC and DOD specifications (for use with LPS Premier Plus RFID).
- Connect label formats to 32 bit compliant databases like Access, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Excel, dBase, Text, etc., via ODBC connectivity.
- Database speed search with filtering capabilities.
- Retrieve variable graphic files from database.
- Format variable data fields in paragraph blocks that automatically “wrap” depending on the data.
- Capable of calculating special bar code check digits on-the-fly while the bar code data changes.
- Set fields to print in any orientation.
- Print groups of labels from a range of records in a database.
- Print groups of labels using a custom SQL WHERE clause.
Printers and Print Features
- Family Drivers for the most popular printing languages
- Support for major thermal transfer and Windows printers.
- Configure printers on serial, parallel, USB, and TCP/IP ports.
- Easily print and access data both locally and across LAN/WAN networks.
- Centrally share labels, databases, and graphic files with other print stations on your LAN/WAN.
- Low cost print only modules available that allow you to replicate print stations throughout your facility.
- Stretch graphics to fit a certain area of the label during print time.
- Each operator input screen may be customized.
- Prompt user for any combination of keyboard and database key fields.
- Test Print allows operator to validate label (with data) before continuing with print job.
- Supports extra printer controls such as cutters, head temperature, print speed, forms offset, stock type, etc.
- Set entire label to print in any orientation.
- Supports printers internal Font, barcode, and serialization capabilities.
- Supports downloaded and bitmapped True Type Fonts.
- Supports many different types of incrementing and decrementing fields Powerful Date/Time field functionality including Julian Dates.
- Audit file creation.
- Print "multi up" on a page; create your own, or use our provided layouts such as Avery® layouts.
- Early eject feature for partially filled pages.
- Start printing on a page at any point in the layout i.e. a reloaded page that was ejected early.
- Does not generate duplicate serial numbers unless specifically directed to do so.
- Print ‘On-Demand’ from a database via key field entry
- Print ‘On-Demand’ via keyboard input
Legacy OS Compatibility
|LLM Version||Windows 8.1||Windows 7 Pro||Windows Vista Business||Windows XP Pro||Windows Server 2003||Windows Server 2008||Windows Server 2012 R2||Windows Server 2008 R2||Windows Small Business Server 2011|
* 32-bit only and ** 64-bit only
- Version 12.3 May 2022
- Version 12.1.1 March 2021
Loftware Label Manager is a suite of software applications for designing and printing barcode labels. Loftware's stand-alone printing modules, On-Demand and Range Print, can be used with Loftware Label Manager for non-automated/low-volume barcode label printing. New printer drivers are continually being added; please contact email@example.com for the availability of new drivers for printers and RFID devices.
LPS and LLM Download Instructions
STEP 1: Get username and password from Loftware Customer Account Management to download the files below.
STEP 2: After receiving username and password, return to this page and click on the appropriate file to download your software upgrade.
|Loftware Label Manager 12.3 (79 MB)||This installs the Loftware Label Manager™. You can download the Installation Guide here.|
|Loftware Print Server 12.3 (125 MB)||
This installs the Loftware Print Server®. If it is detected that there is a previous LPS install, this will also install the Loftware Print Server (LPS) Starter, LPS Standard, or LPS Premier. You can download the Installation guide here.
|Loftware Local Clients 12.3 (40 MB)||
This installs all the LPS Clients required for LAN/WAN based printing. This includes the Web Clients (Web Client, Web Listener, Active X control), the On Demand Print Client for use with the LPS Starter, the LPS Standard, or the LPS Premier.
If you had installed the LPS on your system using the Loftware Print Server link above, you will not need to install this again. This is only needed for workstations requiring just the LPS client applications for LAN/WAN printing.
|Internet Printing Clients 12.3 (20 MB)||
This installs the LPS Premier clients for internet-based printing. This includes the Web Printing Client, the Web Listener, and the Active X control.
If you had installed the LPS Premier edition on your system using the Loftware Print Server link above, you will not need to install this again. This is only needed for workstations requiring just the LPS client applications for internet-based printing.
|DotNet 12.3 (205 MB)||
This installs the Loftware .NET Control which provides the tools for integrating Loftware's barcode printing modules directly into your own applications. (Note that this is a separate installation. Unlike the 2 client installs above, the Loftware .NET Control is not installed using the Loftware Print Server install.)
Note: If you type in the correct username and password, and the download box is NOT displayed, please wait 10 minutes before typing it in again.